Summer is no time to be cooking a sweet treat over a hot stove. Amy Bouchard has the fix! A pudding pie that'll get chocolate lovers salivating.
More information: Wicked Whoopies
RECIPE: Amy's Choloate Lovers Pudding Pie
- 30 Chocolate Wafers (Nabisco's Famous Choc. Wafers) works great
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted.
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups whole milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- optional: 1/2 cup fresh berries, banana slices or favorite fruit
- optional: whipped cream
To prepare the crust:
- Place chocolate wafers in a food processor until finely ground. Add oil and 3 ounces melted chocolate, process until well blended.
- Press into bottom of 9 inch pie plate or about one doz. small jelly jars, lined muffin tins or ramekins.
- Freeze until set about 20 minutes.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, cocoa, and salt in a large saucepan, stir with a whisk.
- Add half the milk and two egg yolks, stir until smooth over medium heat then add remaining milk.
- Cook until thick and bubbly for about 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Add 4 ounces chocolate , stir until smooth. Pour into prepared crust. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Chill for about 2 hours.
- Serve with fresh fruit and whipped cream.