32 2 LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

YARMOUTH, Maine (Portland Press Herald) -- A woman from Yarmouth is suing General Motors after receiving a palm size burn from sitting on a heated Chevrolet Suburban seat.

NEWS CENTER's media partners at the Portland Press Herald report that Verrill is paralyzed from the waist down and can't feel hot and cold in the lower half of her body. She woke up the next day in 2012 after sitting in her friend's Suburban and found a palm size blister on her buttocks. The third-degree burn on her buttocks was so serious it required surgery and months in bed to heal.

In a complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Portland, she accused the automaker of negligence for failing to adequately test the rear seat heaters in the Suburban to prevent them from reaching "dangerously high temperatures that would burn human flesh."

Read more at the Portland Press Herald's website.

Read or Share this story: http://on.wcsh6.com/VzxFC0