WEST BATH, Maine (AP) - A man severely burned in a weekend kitchen fire in West Bath remains in critical condition at a Boston hospital.
Fire Chief Greg Payson on Monday identified the victim of Sunday's blaze as 43-year-old Ed Grant.
Authorities say Grant was burned over most of his body while trying to douse the fire that broke out in a kitchen at the New Meadows River Cottages at about 1 a.m. Sunday.
Payson says Grant had been cooking on a stove and left the food unattended. Neighbors reported the fire.
Grant was found outside the cottage.
He was taken to Maine Medical Center in Portland before being transferred to Massachusetts General Hospital.
The fire caused about $15,000 in damage.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.