BIDDEFORD, Maine (NEWS CENTER) - Two people are dead and one person has been arrested after a standoff in Biddeford Saturday night.

State Police Spokesman Steve McCausland says two people were shot to death inside a house at 17 Sokokis Road in Biddeford, and their bodies were found by police after the standoff.

Officials have identified the victims as 19-year-old Derrick Thompson and his girlfriend, 18-year-old Alivia Welch. A third person who was shot in the incident has been identified as Susan Johnson, who authorities say is Derrick Thompson's mother. Police say Johnson's injuries are considered non-life threatening.

Johnson was rescued by Biddeford Police after she called to report the shootings. Her six-year-old son Brayden was also rescued from the home and was not injured in the incident.

State Police have arrested 74-year-old James Pak, who was taken into custody after surrendering to police around 10 p.m. Saturday after talking to police negotiators from Biddeford and State Police for nearly three hours. Pak has been charged with two counts of murder in connection with the shootings. He's being held at the York County Jail in Alfred.

Police say Thompson and Welch were tenants of James Pak. Biddeford Police were first called to the house on Sokokis Road Saturday night for a dispute between Pak and the tenants over cars parked in the driveway and snow removal. Police cleared the scene after thirty minutes, but were then called back just three minutes later for the report of shots fired.

Pak owns the house where the shooting took place, and police say Johnson and her family moved into the apartment in October.

Reports first started coming in for an incident at 17 Sokokis Road after 7 p.m. Saturday night. State Police had deployed their tactical team to assist with the standoff.

State and Biddeford Police are continuing to investigate the shootings.

The two bodies have been taken to the State Medical Examiner's Office in Augusta for autopsies.

Read or Share this story: