ORONO, Maine(NEWS CENTER) -- Authorities say the bodies of two men have been found in a burned out house in Orono. The State Fire Marshal's Office says the fire was discovered shortly after 3 a.m. Sunday on Hillside Road, and the one and a half story house was completely destroyed by the fire.
State Fire Marshal Joe Thomas said, "The firefighters found the bodies in the building as they were involved in fire extinguishing."
The State Fire Marshal's Office says the two victims are believed to be brothers. Investigators believe theyare 49-year-old Cris Davis from Milford, and his 47-year-old brother Randy Davis, who owns the house where the fire took place. Their bodies will be examined by the State Medical Examiner's Office on Monday.
Officials say one body was found on the second floor, and the other body was discovered in the first floor living room.
According to Thomas, the fireis not considered suspicious. Investigators are looking closely at the wood stove or the chimneyas a possible causes, and there were no working smoke detectors inthe house.
Authorities say the two brothers and a friend were out drinking Saturday night and were taken home by a taxi. The friend then continued onin the taxi and was taken to his home in Bangor.
There was concern that the friend, who was the third man who was unaccounted for,also died in the fire because his car was in the driveway at the Davis' home. The friendwas located mid morning Sunday at his apartment in Bangor.
A team of Fire Marshal's Office investigators is continuing the investigation.
This is the second fatal fire in the Bangor area in the past two months where smoke detectors were a factor.
An Orrington man and his three children were killed last month when a fire swept through their home. Investigators determined there were no working smoke detectors at that home either.