(NEWS CENTER) -- Kicking up the fiesta level on the Morning Report, Margaritas Restaurant is in for day two of our week-long grilling special.
Chef Jenna Cote, Margaritas Kitchen Manager, is sharing a couple of items on the restaurant's new "Thrill of the Grill" menu.
Margaritas Summer Skewer Recipe(serves 2)
- 12 ounces of Flank Steak cut into equal 2" x 2" cubes
- 6 Whole Button Mushrooms
- 1 Red Pepper cut into 1"x 1" chunks
- 1 Red Onion cut into 1"x 1" chunks
- Fajita Spice
- Seasoned Salt
- Olive Oil
- Soak 6 10" bamboo skewers in water for at least 1 hour (24 hours preferred). This will prevent the skewer from burning while grilling.
- In a clean bowl, thoroughly mix the steak along with ¾ oz of olive oil along with 1 TBS of Fajita Spice and ½ TSP of Seasoned Salt so that the steak is completely covered on all sides.
- Take a skewer and add 5 pieces of the steak to the skewer creating the most surface area on each piece of steak as possible. Let marinade for half hour to an hour.
- Meanwhile, build your vegetable skewer. Build each skewer as follows: Mushroom, onion, pepper, mushroom, onion, pepper, mushroom, onion.
- Place built veggie skewers in clean pan and then rub skewer with 2/3 TBS olive oil and 2/3 TSP of Seasoned Salt.
- Add four steak skewers and two veggie skewers to hot grill.
- Cook steak until it is medium rare (about 3 minutes each side) and cook veggie skewer so the veggies are cooked and there are char marks on each side.
- Remove from grill and let rest.
- On a plate, add about 8 ounces of Mexican rice so it covers one half of the plate.
- Rest 2 Steak Skewers atop rice and the veggie skewer on top of steak.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of Chopped red onion and cilantro.
- Serve with a side of Queso Dip (and a nice cold margarita!).
Thrill of the Grill Steak Salad Recipe
- 6 ounce of Flank Steak, cut into cubes
- 3/4 OZ Olive Oil
- 3/4 TBSP Fajita Spices
- 1/4 TSP of salt (Margaritas Super Salt)
- 2 OZ of Black Beans, heated
- 2 OZ of Corn Salsa
- 2 OZ of Jack Cheese
- 2 OZ of fresh tomato salsa (salsa fresca or pico de gallo)
- 1/8 of a fresh, ripe Avocado (cut into three slices)
- 1 OZ Crema (mixture of sour cream and milk)
- Mix oil, fajita spices and salt together and combine thoroughly in a mixing bowl.
- Add meat to spices making sure all pieces get covered thoroughly.
- Place meat onto two skewers making sure meat is flat to increase cooking surface. (When using wood skewers, make sure skewers are soaked in water for at least an hour to avoid burning).
- Grill skewers to medium rare.
- In the meantime, build the salad. Pile lettuce in a decorative salad bowl in the shape of a cone
- Sprinkle warm black beans, salsa fresca, corn salsa and jack cheese in a circle on edge of salad.
- Remove grilled steak from skewer and place in the center of the salad.
- Place avocado slices around the outside of the salad.
- Drizzle crema back and forth across the salad.
- Serve and enjoy