NIAGARA FALLS, New York (WGRZ) -- An 18-month old boy is safe after a Good Samaritan and firefighters plucked him from a slick and snowy roof in Niagara Falls, New York.
Firefighters say a 4-year-old girl and the boy were left unattended by their father, who was asleep on a couch.
Officials believe the little girl opened a second-story window and the boy crawled out onto the roof.
A neighbor across the street, Antwan Moore, saw what happened and was able to get onto the roof to keep the child safe until the fire department arrived.
Moore was alerted to the roof by his girlfriend Amber Haley.
"I heard a little noise from across the street, it sounded like a squeal so I looked up and there was a child on the roof," she said.