Three men enter guilty pleas in 2013 murder case

3 men enter guilty pleas in 2013 murder

PORTLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) — Three men pleaded guilty Friday in connection with the murder of a man from Biddeford in 2013.

The men were expected to stand trial next week for the murder of Charles Raybine, who was gunned down as he sat inside a car. The last man to change his plea in the case appeared in a Portland courtroom Friday.

“I just want my husband to maybe rest in peace now," said Lori Raybine, the victim's widow.

John Lopez pleaded guilty to a charge of felony murder Friday. Earlier this week, Bub Peter Nguany pleaded guilty to murder and conspiracy. Mohamud Mohamed pleaded guilty in the case to a charge of conspiracy.

Charles Raybine was shot several times outside the Parish Place Apartments in Biddeford. Investigators said the shooting occurred during a drug-related robbery. Raybine’s widow said her husband made mistakes, but evidence in the case would show the three men arrested targeted the wrong person.

“He was murdered for a case of mistaken identity," she said. "He didn’t do anything for the retaliation that happened. Nobody deserves to die that way."

Investigators said Nguany was the gunman in this case. He is expected to be sentenced in December.

Lopez is expected to be sentenced in January.

Mohamed has already been given a term of three years in prison.

Copyright 2016 WCSH


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment