PORTLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) — Down East magazine has named the semi-finalists for their first-ever lobster roll competition.
The contest is part of the publication's Lobster Roll Festival, scheduled for Saturday, July 8, on Thompson's Point in Portland.
According to Down East, the event will also include live music, an area for kids, Maine-made gifts and traditional food and drink, as well as a visit from a new Lifeflight helicopter.
Below are the semi-finalists:
- The Maine Lobster Lady (Scottsdale, Ariz.)
- The Clam Shack (Kennebunk, Maine)
- Bob's Clam Hut (Kittery, Maine)
- Cousins Maine Lobster (Los Angeles)
- C-Ray Lobster (Bar Harbor, Maine)
- Bite Into Maine (Cape Elizabeth, Maine)
- The Highroller Lobster Co. (Portland, Maine)
- Northern Maine Community College (Presque Isle, Maine)
- Eventide Oyster Co. (Portland, Maine)
- Luke's Lobster (New York)
- Freshies Lobster Co. (Park City, Utah)
- Stonington Ice Cream Co. (Stonington, Maine)
The festival will be held from noon to 5 p.m. General admission is $10.
© 2017 WCSH-TV