Homeless man saved by firefighters in burning abandoned building in Bangor

BANGOR, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- Fire officials in Bangor say when they responded to a burning abandoned apartment building Wednesday night, they found a homeless man inside.

Officials told NEWS CENTER the man was found on the second floor of the building on Essex Street. They say he was disoriented. He was taken to the St. Joseph Hospital. His condition is unknown. 

Fire officials say they found two small fires in front of fireplaces in the building. They believe the fire was set by somebody. There was no major damage done to the building. 

© 2017 WCSH-TV


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment