Child playing with matches caused deadly Boothbay fire, officials say

BOOTHBAY, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- The State Fire Marshal's Office says last weekend's fire that killed two men was caused by a child playing with matches.

Investigators say the couch in the living room caught fire and it quickly spread throughout the two-story home.

No charges are planned because of the child's age, and the child is being referred to counseling.

The home had three working smoke detectors.

Copyright 2016 WCSH


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
More Stories