BANGOR, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- It's something many people may not think about when going on vacation--The chance that their vacation home or RV or camper may catch fire.
It happened this past weekend in Saint Albans. 48 year old Connie Bailey died inside a camper that caught fire. She had been visiting friends in the area. According to state fire investigators, candles ignited a blanket and there were no working smoke detectors inside the camper.
We visited Paul Bunyan Campground in Bangor to see how many campers might have working smoke detectors.
© 2017 WLBZ-TV