Fire engulfs Corinth redemption center


(NEWS CENTER) -- A fire broke out at Corinth redemption center and it took 40 firefighters to put out the blaze. Once on scene, fire crew's main objective was to stop the fire from spreading to the adjacent house. Fire Chief, Scott Bragdon said they created an exterior barrier around the center to contain the fire.

"Our main concern upon arrival was the main house. This property was 20 feet away and we worked on protecting that."

Officials said a malfunction with the boiler likely sparked the fire at the redemption center on Maine Road in Corinth. Within 15 minutes, the flames traveled up the building and across the roof. No one was hurt, but firefighters said the building is a total loss.

No crews went inside, yet they attacked the fire from the outside.The owners of the facility don't have insurance, but they're thankful their employees are safe. Especially the family member who rented the apartment above the redemption center.

"They had an apartment upstairs, and he has lost everything. We put him in contact with the Red Cross and they are working on getting him some shelter and some clothing and assistance like that."

Chief Bragdon said the fire is under control and crews will be working all night to mop-up and overhaul the scene.


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment