KNOX, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- The Maine Department of Public Safety says a man in the town of Knox is likely a victim of carbon monoxide poisoning.
State Police say Timothy Woods was found dead Tuesday morning. Troopers say Woods, who was 50, had entered a detatched garage on his property to refill a generator with gasoline. The generator operated in the early morning hours while the garage doors were closed.
Investigators say family members found Woods' body in the garage about 15 minutes later.
State Police say Woods' death is the first suspected carbon monoxide death in Maine from the ice storm.