PORTLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) - An early morning fire broke out at a restaurant on the Portland waterfront.
PHOTOS: Fire at Boone's Fish House & Oyster Room
It started around 4:30 a.m. on Wednesday at Boone's Fish House and Oyster Room on Custom House Wharf.
Deputy Fire Chief David Jackson says it appears to have originated in a fireplace chimney that was added to the restaurant when it was renovated this past summer.
When crews arrived they said there was a considerable amount of smoke in the building. But they put the fire out quickly and no one was hurt.