Fire destroys home in Kennebunk

7:10 PM, Sep 2, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +
Photo Courtesy Kennebunk Fire Dept.

KENNEBUNK, Maine (NEWS CENTER) - It took crews from seven fire departments to put out a fire that heavily damaged a home in Kennebunk Monday morning.

The fire broke out around 10:30 a.m. on Alfred Road. Investigators said it appears the fire started in a dryer in the home and then quickly spread. 

It took crews about an hour to knock the fire down. There were no injuries, but the home appeared to be a total loss.

Kennebunk Fire Capt. Justin Cooper said Monday's fire was the second dryer fire in two weeks in Kennebunk and he urged homeowners to take extra precaution.

"We want to really caution people at home to make sure they're cleaning the lint out of their dyers every time and following instructions on things they are washing and drying," Capt. Cooper said.  "[We want people to] make sure first of all they can even be put in a dryer so that we don't have something like this happen."

Cooper said the humidity made it difficult for firefighters to battle the flames.  Investigators remained on scene for several hours Monday inspecting the damage. 

NEWS CENTER

Most Watched Videos