BATH, Maine (NEWS CENTER) - The Bath Fire Department was called to a home at 1270 High Street shortly after 4:00 PM Saturday.
The homeowner who called fire crews said his alarm was going off and he could smell smoke.
Firefighters figured out that the fire was in the walls around a chimney. The homeowner had been operating a fire in a wood stove in the morning, but had since extinguished it.
Crews had to tear out the walls around the chimney in order to chase down the source of the fire.
No one was injured, but the fire, which lasted a couple hours, left the home uninhabitable.
A single family lives at the home, they're staying with family in town.
Crews from West Bath and Brunswick helped the Bath Fire Department.