OLD ORCHARD BEACH, Maine (NEWS CENTER) - A mobile home is destroyed following a fire early Monday morning.
The Old Orchard Beach Fire Department told NEWS CENTER that the call came in around 6:45 this morning for a fire at 2 Goose Fare Drive. The owner and his dog had left the home about 45 minutes before the fire started. A lit cigarette in the bathroom caused the fire. Saco firefighters helped at the scene. It took about 20 minutes to extinguish the flames and another 45 minutes to clean up the area. The owner lived alone. Nobody was hurt.