SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- The Maine Mall in South Portland was evacuated Sunday afternoon after a gas line was struck by a snowplow outside the building.
The South Portland Fire Department said the mall was evacuated around 1 p.m. Sunday. The leak was quickly contained, and mall staff said fire officials went through the entire mall testing air quality levels before everyone was allowed to re-enter the mall shortly after 2 p.m. when it was deemed safe.
A mall worker who attempted to contain the gas leak was treated on scene, but was not seriously injured.
There were no other reported injuries during the incident.