PORTLAND, Maine (NEWS CENTER) - Officials are trying to figure out what sparked a fire at an apartment building in Portland.
Firefighters responded to Cumberland Park Place on Cumberland Avenue just after 3:30 AM Wednesday for an alarm sounding.
When they entered the building, they found smoke and fire in a second floor apartment.
Everyone inside the building was evacuated and the tenant of the apartment, who is on oxygen, was taken to the hospital as a precaution.
Firefighters believe the apartment where the fire started may be uninhabitable due to water damage.