Man suffers burn injuries in Augusta house fire

11:03 AM, Nov 10, 2012   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

AUGUSTA, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- The Augusta Fire Department says a man has been taken by LifeFlight helicopter to the hospital after suffering burn injuries in a fire Saturday morning.

Augusta Fire Chief Roger Audette says a 38-year-old man suffered serious burn injuries when he attempted to light a wood stove with gasoline inside the home on 816 Civic Center Drive just after 10 a.m.  A second woman who was at the home was taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.  Their identities have not been released.

Chief Audette says Route 27 in Augusta near the Belgrade line was shut down as crews put out the fire.  As of 11 a.m., the road was back open to one lane, and it was expected to be fully back open to traffic around noon Saturday.

The State Fire Marshal's Office is on scene investigating.  Five fire departments were called in to help put out the fire. 


Most Watched Videos