Restaurant explodes in Saco

9:02 AM, Oct 24, 2011   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

SACO, MAINE (NEWS CENTER) -- The Steak 'N Rib restaurant on Ocean Park Road in Saco shook residents out of sleep when it exploded Sunday morning.

The explosion awoke people who lived anywhere near the restaurant. One of those people was our photojournalist, Charlie Berg, who lives about 1 mile from the business.

Berg rushed to the scene to find the building engulfed in flames.

Police say the explosion was so intense it blew man hole covers off and some neighbors say the water in their toilets drained.

No injuries were reported.  The State Fire Marshal's office is investigating.  The restaurant is a total loss.

 

NEWS CENTER

Most Watched Videos