SOUTH BERWICK, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- A 16-year old from South Berwick and a 15-year old from Eliot were poisoned after drinking liquid from a gin bottle taken from a neighbor's garage.
Initially investigators had a lot of questions about how this all occurred. Now they are saying it does not appear that someone had spiked the boys drink.
Police were having a tough time getting any information out of the boys. When they went to the hospital to talk with them they were incoherent. One of the teens was able to eventually tell his father what had happened.
The teenagers were rushed to Wentworth-Douglas Hospital across the border in Dover, New Hampshire where they were admitted to the intensive care unit in critical condition. Investigators say 16-year old Donald Muscarello and 15-year old Logan Paulin thought they were drinking alcohol.
It now appears both teenagers are slowly recovering.