SLIM FOR SUMMER FRIDAY TIPS
Jackie Conn's tips of the day include:
5. Marketing buzzwords like gluten free, fat free, whole grain, antioxidants, etc. don't guarantee that these foods are good choices.
6. Read your labels. The most important information is calories per serving and serving size.
7. Fruit and vegetables make great snacks and actually cost less per pound than greasy, salty processed snacks.
8. Lean meats are a good source of protein and the body works harder (burns more calories) to digest lean protein than digesting fat or carbohydrates.
If you missed yesterday's SLIM FOR SUMMER tips here they are:
1. Go grocery shopping on a full stomach to reduce impulse purchases.
2. Make a list of the items you need and stick to it.
3. Shop on the outer aisles where you find dairy, meat and produce.
4. If there isn't an item on your list on an inner aisle, don't go down that aisle
Check back daily for more SLIM FOR SUMMER tips. And watch for our next SLIM FOR SUMMER story on 207 on Thursday, April 4th.
For more information on Jackie Conn click here: JACKIE CONN