Chef Vito shares his recipe for cheese raviolis with roasted butternut squash and pancetta.
• 1 pound cheese Raviolis cooked
• 4 cups butternut squash peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
• 3 oz. pancetta chopped
• 6 tbsp. olive oil
• 4 tbsp. butter
• 1 small red onion sliced half moons
• 3 tbsp. fresh sage chopped
• ½ tsp ground cinnamon
• ½ tsp. dried Thyme
• 2 tbsp. roasted pumpkin seeds
• Salt & freshly ground pepper
• ½ cup Freshly grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350o
2. Prepare Raviolis – and keep warm.
3. Place, peeled, cubed butternut squash in large bowl and toss with 3 tbsp. olive oil, cinnamon, thyme and salt and pepper.
4. Line baking sheet with foil and evenly spread butternut squash in single layer, Place in oven and cook for 20 minutes or until squash is tender, but firm.
5. In large sauté pan heat 1 tbsp. olive oil cook pancetta until browned remove from pan set aside and keep warm.
6. In same pan add another tbsp. of olive oil and add red onion cook until caramelized, now add butter and remaining olive oil, cook until light brown, Now add sage cook until lightly toasted, stirring often, add butternut squash, salt & pepper gently toss until coated
7. Plate Raviolis and top with squash mixture, pancetta and parmesan cheese and pumpkin seeds.
8. Serve warm.
Copyright 2016 WCSH